FeedMe Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition for making haxball a downloadable game

+17
rolex
Menso Pelaez
Catra
Zizou
Deadly#N19
Ghost
jonnyynnoj
Taylor Swift
echsehh
mlfaijati
Blazing
-rising.star-
Joel
DeStorm
DEVINURDOG
Constantinople
MoMo
21 posters

Go down

Petition for making haxball a downloadable game Empty Petition for making haxball a downloadable game

Post by MoMo Wed 08 Aug 2012, 00:42

Hai

DeStorm, me and a couple others were been talking to Basro recently about how to improve the game. One idea that would definitely help in many departments of the game is to make it a software. Basros doesn't really believe it's worth it as haxball isn't a huge game and we gotta do a petition to try convince him to do it.

Here's the original thread for this topic on the HBC the original thread for this topic on the HBC (use Chrome for translate ;p) and here's The Survey it self.

Bai

Last edited by MoMo on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 00:53; edited 1 time in total

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Petition for making haxball a downloadable game Empty Re: Petition for making haxball a downloadable game

Post by Constantinople Wed 08 Aug 2012, 00:44

Definetly.

I wanna play in hbanz Sad
Constantinople
Constantinople
Official Feed Me Troll

Back to top Go down

Petition for making haxball a downloadable game Empty Re: Petition for making haxball a downloadable game

Post by DEVINURDOG Wed 08 Aug 2012, 00:46

I agree with this 100%, would make the interface more friendly and would make flash problems gone.

However, how could you link rooms without a browser?
DEVINURDOG
DEVINURDOG
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Wed 08 Aug 2012, 00:51

Maybe like how when your trying to buy a song on itunes online, you click on the link and it opens the software and on the same page as the song is.. similar method as that i guess! ;p

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeStorm Wed 08 Aug 2012, 00:53

Thank you MoMo. If anyone is interessed by the french version, i'll try to translate it here before momo help me for mistakes ^^

DeStorm
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Wed 08 Aug 2012, 00:54

whats the benefits of this?
Joel
Joel
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Wed 08 Aug 2012, 01:01

would make u stronger! (read, on the survey, the info bit. also the HBC translated version for more info)

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantinople Wed 08 Aug 2012, 01:06

explanation

Being in contact with basro - the creator of the game - I had proposed, with colleagues, ideas to improve haxball. However, the idea of ​​software as haxball was the idea. Not bringing the game backwards, so it is you offer, players haxball more or less engaged, to participate in this survey which aims to raise awareness of the urge to basro players and that the change requires the do.

benefits

• Create a system account where he can not do so due to the attachment of the game in web browser. He said it would take too much space.
• Creation and sponsorship of dedicated servers
• Updates often
• More options
• The game will also not very large to download and run on any PC
• Abandonment issues flash etc..
• substantial improvements of the game without touching the gameplay
• Adaptation of the game in iPhone / iPad / Android?

disadvantages

• Nostalgia for the game and the argument "it was better before"
• Downloadable Game that pushes quite a few players
• more simplistic system of "I go online I put my nickname and go"

And this is what I see, you can add more.

survey

Title in French for non-English speaking (or Anglophobe): Are you willing to do Haxball in downloadable software and therefore, rather than the flash game, would be beneficial to the players?

http://www.mon-enquete-enligne.fr/index.php?sid=33139&lang=fr

Vote by putting or not an argument of yes or no. What matters is the vote en masse will know that the desire of players.

Thats what it says btw.
Constantinople
Constantinople
Official Feed Me Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DeStorm Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:57

Thank you for the temporary translation, but i'll make this in a perfect english (with MoMo ^^)

Edit : i'll sub the page when you've already voted, it's in french and i'll change it after working on this.

DeStorm
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by -rising.star- Wed 08 Aug 2012, 11:36

No thanks, Web-based game is much better.
-rising.star-
-rising.star-
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeStorm Wed 08 Aug 2012, 12:00

There may be website game & software game like Minecraft, don't worry about that ^^

DeStorm
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazing Wed 08 Aug 2012, 12:49

[quote="Constantinople"]
explanation

Not sure how easy it's going to be moving your player with a touch screen.
Blazing
Blazing
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeStorm Wed 08 Aug 2012, 13:13

DeStorm
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mlfaijati Wed 08 Aug 2012, 13:41

It would be quite awkward to play haxball like that, it would take a while to adapt and you would always be outclassed by people on a keyboard if you played haxball on an ipad or iphone.

Signed the petition as well.

mlfaijati
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeStorm Wed 08 Aug 2012, 13:45

I think the real esport isn't with iphone or ipad, it's just fun to play it in iphone or ipad. Anyway, there is maybe another solution for this.
Thanks you bro btw

DeStorm
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by echsehh Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:01

It is good like it is.

never touch a running system.

KARMBUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
echsehh
echsehh
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:21

No one is saying you have to play it on an iphone, Ipad or an android device.And the game play wouldn't be changed at all,it would still be the haxball we all know and love but with the efficiency it deserves.

This would solve the problems that we have with lags (long distance(i.e. USA, china! ;o) and short distances) and flash. It should really help with those two issues which are the main two problems the majority of us have.. It would also add a huge boost of potential for new features and options that aren't possible to have with a web-browser based game (I.e. the account system).

You gotta remember this is only a petition to try and convince Basro. It's a long shot but we're hopeful that with the enough numbers and demand, it would bring some faith to basro to go ahead with it.

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Swift Wed 08 Aug 2012, 14:59

You can solve lag without developing it into a client-based game.

And I think rising just summed up how retarded he is, browser games are never better and have so many disadvantages in comparison to clients.

I think if it was in a client then you can also dedicate much more system memory to running it right? This would make the possibilities endless with regards to developing the game further. Loads of different functions could be integrated. I think one aspect that could be developed is a 'social network' type thing.. so you can create an account, set-up a profile and store statistics, etc. This could include a friends list with a chat feature.

If basro has his head screwed on properly he could even integrate voice communication into the chat feature.

As it is now, the game is pretty basic, if basro can integrate more features like these then it would make the game so much better. But, it is still in beta stages so..
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnyynnoj Wed 08 Aug 2012, 15:02

Basro looked into this a while back but there was problems with it, so I don't think this petition will do anything.

As long as haxball is flash based it won't be available on ipad/iphone as they don't support flash. Maybe in the future haxball will be purely HTML5 based, but at the moment it's not feasible as P2P connections aren't supported.

MoMo wrote:This would solve the problems that we have with lags
How would it solve lag issues?
jonnyynnoj
jonnyynnoj
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Wed 08 Aug 2012, 15:40

jonnyynnoj wrote:Basro looked into this a while back but there was problems with it, so I don't think this petition will do anything.

As long as haxball is flash based it won't be available on ipad/iphone as they don't support flash. Maybe in the future haxball will be purely HTML5 based, but at the moment it's not feasible as P2P connections aren't supported.

MoMo wrote:This would solve the problems that we have with lags
How would it solve lag issues?
Dedicated hosts? I'm sure atleast to some degree, some lag problems could be solved if the software is advanced enough.

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed 08 Aug 2012, 15:49

Not if it's P2P based. Dedicated servers are the way to go, but they wouldn't be very cost effective to run.
Ghost
Ghost
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly#N19 Thu 09 Aug 2012, 00:46

downloadin iss looong .... fk that
Deadly#N19
Deadly#N19
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Thu 09 Aug 2012, 01:16

Leave our haxball alone!
Zizou
Zizou
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by echsehh Thu 09 Aug 2012, 02:54

lag problems can simply be fixed!

Pro hosting tips by echsasketch:

get a good connection and dont tab like a retard while hosting a game.

cheers
echsehh
echsehh
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

Post by Catra Thu 09 Aug 2012, 11:44

As far as I know, Basro made HaxBall to learn how to program a Flash a game. I guess he won't change anything.

Catra
x or space to kick
x or space to kick

Back to top Go down

Post by Menso Pelaez Thu 09 Aug 2012, 16:10

echsehh wrote:lag problems can simply be fixed!

Pro hosting tips by echsasketch:

get a good connection and dont tab like a retard while hosting a game.

cheers

Not really echseh. My brother can fuck my 50 mb internet connection just by using mobile phone. It's a flash problem. I can play/host any game without problems and have 500/900 ping in haxball...
Menso Pelaez
Menso Pelaez
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Thu 09 Aug 2012, 17:30

Constantinople wrote:

Explanation

Being in contact with basro - the creator of the game - I had proposed, with colleagues, ideas to improve haxball. One idea was making haxball a​ ​downloadable software game, allowing the game to move forward and improve in most departments. The purpose of this survey is to raise awareness and the urge basro that it is worth it to go ahead with this idea as it can bring many benefits:

Benefits

• It can allow the creation of a account system. This he can not do due to the game's attachment to a web browser. He said it would take too much space.
• Creation and sponsorship of dedicated servers
• More updates
• More options and features
• The game will also not very large to download and run on any PC
• Abandonment of flash issues etc..
• substantial improvements of the game without touching the gameplay

Disadvantages

• Nostalgia for the game and the argument "it was better before"
• Downloadable Game that pushes quite a few players
• more simplistic system of "I go online I put my nickname and go"

And this is what I see, you can add more.

survey: http://www.mon-enquete-enligne.fr/index.php?sid=33139&lang=fr

You can vote by selecting Yes or No or if you don't know, 'No Idea'.

Thats what it says btw.

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeStorm Sat 11 Aug 2012, 16:03

Don't forget to vote please, it takes just 10 seconds ^^

DeStorm
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by rolex Sat 11 Aug 2012, 19:56

Petition for making haxball a downloadable game 539544_3328858572951_1742901938_n
rolex
rolex
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddade Wed 15 Aug 2012, 14:27

Muddade
Muddade
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Wed 15 Aug 2012, 15:09

CYA BASRO FANKS FOR CUMIN ALONG 2 OUR CHAT!
Ghost
Ghost
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Aug 2012, 16:35

Reckon he's got bored of Haxball and can't be bothered to take it any further.

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Wed 15 Aug 2012, 16:51

hes got no faith, hes got no ambition, he's a pussyhole.

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeStorm Wed 15 Aug 2012, 18:45

MQDDIE > I said "don't show it to him until the final result survey", so now, he will disagree with this fact. Why i didn't want him to know anything about this ? Because if it is less than 1000 votes, its insignificent, and also he won't really take it srsly but now he's prepared for it

So thanks to talk about this with him, really intellgent !

Btw, thanks to all that they voted. Over 600 votes right now and it's still going up =)

DeStorm
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddade Wed 15 Aug 2012, 18:54

I'm not dopesayo?
Muddade
Muddade
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeStorm Wed 15 Aug 2012, 19:18

So how did you have those screenshots ? :0

DeStorm
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddade Wed 15 Aug 2012, 19:56

Muddade
Muddade
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by DeStorm Wed 15 Aug 2012, 20:38

Thank you btw, i'll talk with them (so it's too early in my program for sharing the survey, 'cause i'd like firstly to share it in Europe ^^' ) and try to get more votes and also talk to the main admin there.

DeStorm
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddade Wed 15 Aug 2012, 23:45

https://2img.net/h/i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q598/chlchance/basro.png

http://www.sphaxball.com/league-discussion/custom-color-in-haxball/msg252717/#msg252717

Basically a command where you do a hex code and changes the colour, only it's pointless to him so he might not do it.

Or somink.

Smile

Muddade
Muddade
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Aug 2012, 18:21

Could have a World Cup but Basro's gay. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Usopp Fri 17 Aug 2012, 13:50

if it's not broken dont fix it

and i dont see enough advantages anyway Razz
Usopp
Usopp
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantinople Mon 20 Aug 2012, 19:04

Reading the reason why he cant, why not just have a free version, which would be what we have now, and have a premium version which you download and pay for, that has little to no lag anywhere in the world and loads of other features added to it. That way, new players can test the game before buying or other players can play just for enjoyment, whereas probably the more dedicated players wil buy the game and enjoy the new features. This stragety seems win/win.
Constantinople
Constantinople
Official Feed Me Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Mon 20 Aug 2012, 19:59

Constantinople wrote:

Reading the reason why he cant, why not just have a free version, which would be what we have now, and have a premium version which you download and pay for, that has little to no lag anywhere in the world and loads of other features added to it. That way, new players can test the game before buying or other players can play just for enjoyment, whereas probably the more dedicated players wil buy the game and enjoy the new features. This stragety seems win/win.

This is a good idea, but I fear even with all these new features many people would not like to pay or even CAN'T play (like me, too young to get a credit card and my mum refuses to use it on any sites)

Mick
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddade Tue 21 Aug 2012, 15:09

It's because for him it wouldn't be worth the time basically, haxball is just a side project/hobby/experiment he did is how he see's it I thinkkkkkkkkk.

And there would still be lag I don't get how you think it will solve it, dedicated servers would just be ridiculously not cost-effective for him :s
Muddade
Muddade
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantinople Tue 21 Aug 2012, 15:18

MQDDIE wrote:It's because for him it wouldn't be worth the time basically, haxball is just a side project/hobby/experiment he did is how he see's it I thinkkkkkkkkk.

And there would still be lag I don't get how you think it will solve it, dedicated servers would just be ridiculously not cost-effective for him :s

Well he's basically limiting himself if thats the case. He makes a game, it proves to be a popular game worldwide and a success. Why not make a profit out of it by either selling the game to a company or developing the game and find some ways of making money out of the game e.g. a premium downloadable version of the game. Like for example if I decided to make juice as a hobby and then I start selling it for 50p and the juice becomes very popular, I wouldnt keep selling that juice for 50p, I'd ask a company if they wanted to take my product on or start selling the juice at a higher price. Basically, he should treat haxball as a buisness now tbh. It could be the start of a good gaming company that make simple yet popular flash games.
Constantinople
Constantinople
Official Feed Me Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddade Tue 21 Aug 2012, 15:22

Well the only way to know for sure is to talk to him...
Muddade
Muddade
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantinople Tue 21 Aug 2012, 15:31

MQDDIE wrote:Well the only way to know for sure is to talk to him...

I'm terrible at wording Sad
Constantinople
Constantinople
Official Feed Me Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Usopp Tue 21 Aug 2012, 16:12

there probably wouldn't be enough of a profit for him to bother doing it
Usopp
Usopp
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanhavana Sat 25 Aug 2012, 02:40

Do not want.

Don't fix it if it isn't broke, I can play for hours with no complaints if you have a decent host!

Browser based version is the simplest way, however, if push comes to shove I would download it for the sake of playing but for now this is fine.

ryanhavana
x or space to kick
x or space to kick

Back to top Go down