FeedMe Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK National Team

+19
Cam_Sampbell
Barry
jonnyynnoj
opc
Mick
Cookies
OvoXo
Muddade
socrates
CircleBoy
Redboy
Aidan
Constantinople
currybum
MoMo
Edgar Davids
rolex
Deadly#N19
Taylor Swift
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UK National Team Empty UK National Team

Post by Taylor Swift Mon 14 May 2012, 23:32

Hey guys,

After having a postmatch chat with a couple of people on the squad, and Griffin, I think we need to involve the community a bit more. This would include things like people having their say on where we need to improve, strategies we could employ, etc.

Another thing I think we need to do is host FM rooms like we usually do, but FM UK vs rooms, where members of the FM community can come and play against the UK squad, and offer criticism and advice on where we can change a couple of things.

I think it's a little daft that we should make the UK national team a private thing, I want everyone to get involved.

For those of you who saw the game tonight, what are your thoughts?

For those that didn't, you can see the game here: http://www.haxballtube.com/watch/8ccb2f67 , if you watch the replay, what are your thoughts?

You're more than welcome to drop me a PM any time with any ideas, or criticism.
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

UK National Team Empty Re: UK National Team

Post by Deadly#N19 Mon 14 May 2012, 23:34

Pretty Good Match

Add me pls

Last edited by Deadly on Mon 14 May 2012, 23:36; edited 1 time in total
Deadly#N19
Deadly#N19
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by rolex Mon 14 May 2012, 23:35

griffin said some real spit on ts earlier but i forgot tbh
rolex
rolex
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Davids Mon 14 May 2012, 23:40

#GRIFF4UKCOACH
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Tue 15 May 2012, 00:18

I honestly think you guys did almost everything right - especially in the offensive phase of the game. The defence needs work and one thing you can do at this stage is to watch back each mistake that was made, figure out what should've been done right and how and learn from them.

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by currybum Tue 15 May 2012, 00:32

betta chem, betta strats, quicka passin, tighter on d
currybum
currybum
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantinople Tue 15 May 2012, 00:45

Good idea.
Constantinople
Constantinople
Official Feed Me Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Tue 15 May 2012, 00:50

Group players, Have set groups of GK + DM and AM + ST. Have them play with each other a lot to increase their understanding of each other and their chemistry - cuts out most of the mistakes in defence as you know what the other player will do a bit like cath-opc thing, they know exactly what each other is doing in defence and what not.

Also as a ST knowing the sort of passes and the way the AM gets the crosses in will help for them to be in the right place and score, for example again I know how kaos beats people in the corner and i know where the ball is coming when its coming into the well box area of the goal.

Aidan
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboy Tue 15 May 2012, 01:15

Good match, uk, gl next matches Smile

Redboy
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Tue 15 May 2012, 02:30

You too redboy, well done Smile

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by CircleBoy Tue 15 May 2012, 03:00

Aidan wrote:Group players, Have set groups of GK + DM and AM + ST. Have them play with each other a lot to increase their understanding of each other and their chemistry - cuts out most of the mistakes in defence as you know what the other player will do a bit like cath-opc thing, they know exactly what each other is doing in defence and what not.

Also as a ST knowing the sort of passes and the way the AM gets the crosses in will help for them to be in the right place and score, for example again I know how kaos beats people in the corner and i know where the ball is coming when its coming into the well box area of the goal.

I like this idea...I remember that night we played friendlies for 3 hours or so. By the end jonny and I were doing little things in sync without talking about it.
CircleBoy
CircleBoy
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by socrates Tue 15 May 2012, 03:14

^^ It doesn't matter if the teams are uneven - if it's a practice room certain pairs of players should always play together so they can become as familiar as possible
socrates
socrates
Official Birthday Fred Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddade Tue 15 May 2012, 12:39

mad/ttom
cb fwd
Muddade
Muddade
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Tue 15 May 2012, 13:21

I was gonna get some gifs to explain the defensive problems, but dm anyway, what I think is that defensively and offensively we're quite poor. There weren't that many chances that we had, the second half was better than the first in terms of opportunities, but no glimpse of a comeback.

But many times during the game, when you guys were attacking, like one ball will break you all out so it'd leave CB in a 1v1,2v1 or Jonny gets back and its 3v2 and Rising,Joe,Ttom are tracking back, by this time its too late.

I think the key issue is, defensively, that we were ball chasing, positioning was poor, communication and synchronizing was poor, 4 goals went by easily. As I was watching the game I was comparing the UK structure to the Spanish and tbf the spanish had much more structure, didn't ball chase as much and were playing out wide.

What I think should be improved, for starters defensively, a formation and etc... where every member knows what to do, and as well as every member knowing what the other is meant to to do, cause if they're out of position they will need to cover, like while defending if you switch positions when not safe to do so will result in a poor goal.

Also its a 20 minute game, and yes people do lose focus and motivation etc. So I think subs should be made, cause other will lose concentration and that is a key issue in the games.

Also chemistry is a big issue, tbf. Play with the best 4 that play together and not the best 4 on paper.

But yeah, unlucky last night and good luck on the campaign Very Happy
OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by rolex Tue 15 May 2012, 13:52

ogre>>>

best player after jonni tbh

him not in uk<<<
rolex
rolex
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2012, 14:24

Second half with Joehan and Rising was much better attacking but the whole team were poor at positioning and marking at defending. Players need to see where their team mates are and where the opposition are who are in goal scoring positions. Also, like others have said, use combinations of players that work such as Mad-TTom, Deer-jonny and Rising-Joehan. What Aidan and Ovo have said is pretty much right. You're now playing catch up against better teams. The players are good enough, you've just got to get them playing well tactically.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookies Tue 15 May 2012, 14:49

OvoXo wrote:But many times during the game, when you guys were attacking, like one ball will break you all out so it'd leave CB in a 1v1,2v1 or Jonny gets back and its 3v2 and Rising,Joe,Ttom are tracking back, by this time its too late.

I only saw one 2v1 in that replay and that was in the second half, they failed a laser and missed the chance. Facing 1v1s is normal by the way, unless bussing.
Cookies
Cookies
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Tue 15 May 2012, 16:51

Don't let the strength of a side on paper fool you to what they will produce in the actual game.

Now its time for us to win and depend on other people's results. To see any light shining towards Knock-out stages. Never good to be in a position where you have to depend on other results. We have a slim chance but it's still a chance.

Also one more thing I don't think everyone in the team should get to play. Wait...but seriously Play like the best 4 combo + 4 subs, that can interract well with the starting 4. The 4 subs to be made if one is playing poor, loses concentration or couldn't make it. If we get to a stage where we can't qualify, then may as well give the rest a chance, but now we have a chance so that'd be my advice.

OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Tue 15 May 2012, 17:17

I personally though ttom and jonny had a lack of understanding together which led to a couple of mistakes
just play a ton of friendlies different combinations to see what works best/kick the rest

Mick
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2012, 17:23

Mick wrote:I personally though ttom and jonny had a lack of understanding together which led to a couple of mistakes
just play a ton of friendlies different combinations to see what works best/kick the rest

Yeah, TTom was trying to do lay offs and bounces which he expected Jonny to get but Jonny didn't read what he was doing. Mad is good at understanding what TTom is doing in those situations.

Back to top Go down

Post by CircleBoy Tue 15 May 2012, 17:30

An idea I've had, and already brough up to rachel and some of the other guys. Is after every game or friendly (or group of friendlies against a country) we watch and discuss the replay as a team. There are a bunch of replays in the forum but its fairly intimidating to be faced with 3 hours of hax.

As I've said a few times...we'll never catch up tot he other teams in terms of 4v4 experience. So we need to make use of what we have and be smart.
CircleBoy
CircleBoy
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantinople Tue 15 May 2012, 17:47

rolex wrote:ogre>>>

best player after jonni tbh

him not in uk<<<

He's had bad lag recently tbh. Not sure if last night was a one off too. Hope not.
Constantinople
Constantinople
Official Feed Me Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by opc Tue 15 May 2012, 17:58

To be honest I think the fact that I didn't even know there was a UK national team until a few weeks ago is absolutely abysmal. This is exactly the sort of thing Barry was talking about when he left, FM has a clique, and if you aren't part of that clique then you get next to no opportunities outside of the normal league unless you kick up a fuss. (See IHL). But I digress.

How was the team decided? Was it just the best players on FM? If so, that's really silly. The team should be decided on who works well together. Using me and Cath as an example (NB: I'm not saying I should be picked), we know exactly how the other plays and so we have our positioning almost spot on. Similarly in attack, Rising and GOKU know where the other player is going all the time and so very very rarely send a pass astray.
opc
opc
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by CircleBoy Tue 15 May 2012, 18:01

opc wrote:To be honest I think the fact that I didn't even know there was a UK national team until a few weeks ago is absolutely abysmal. This is exactly the sort of thing Barry was talking about when he left, FM has a clique, and if you aren't part of that clique then you get next to no opportunities outside of the normal league unless you kick up a fuss. (See IHL). But I digress.

How was the team decided? Was it just the best players on FM? If so, that's really silly. The team should be decided on who works well together. Using me and Cath as an example (NB: I'm not saying I should be picked), we know exactly how the other plays and so we have our positioning almost spot on. Similarly in attack, Rising and GOKU know where the other player is going all the time and so very very rarely send a pass astray.

The UK national team didn't know there was a UK national team untill a few weeks ago either. The team was picked based on known 4s experience. Almost all of the team are players who went out of their way to play 4s in foreign leauges and as such seemed like the best option. We will have a better idea of who to pick next year once we move to a 4v4 format ourselves.

Also this topic is literaly an attempt to make it al less cliquey (not that I'm even accepting that it is)

Last edited by CircleBoy on Tue 15 May 2012, 18:23; edited 1 time in total
CircleBoy
CircleBoy
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnyynnoj Tue 15 May 2012, 18:06

What absolute nonsense those examples are, especially rising and goku. They link up so well Deja were 5th top scorers and they've been relegated.

As for not knowing about the team until a few weeks ago, hardly anyone did. It's only been the past couple of weeks when Rach has been in charge that we've got organised.
jonnyynnoj
jonnyynnoj
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry Tue 15 May 2012, 18:31

opc wrote:To be honest I think the fact that I didn't even know there was a UK national team until a few weeks ago is absolutely abysmal. This is exactly the sort of thing Barry was talking about when he left, FM has a clique, and if you aren't part of that clique then you get next to no opportunities outside of the normal league unless you kick up a fuss. (See IHL). But I digress.

It's obviously not the best players on FM, looking at some of the people in the team.
Barry
Barry
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam_Sampbell Tue 15 May 2012, 18:31

I think there should have been more involvement with the league when choosing it imo
Cam_Sampbell
Cam_Sampbell
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Davids Tue 15 May 2012, 18:33

Barry wrote:

It's obviously not the best players on FM, looking at some of the people in the team.

err yes it is.
Edgar Davids
Edgar Davids
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Tue 15 May 2012, 18:37

Guys lets be honest here and fair. There was a very short notice to announce the teams. Imo and truly this is right at least 90% of the league didn't qualify for even consideration seeing as most of us only played 3v3, the team was made out of the players who have played in 4v4 in foreign leagues and with the most experience.

Now stop being butthurt and get fucking over it. There's this season and untill next time where it will be done thoroughly and accordingly. So that is is fair. Plus you have a chance to prove yourself seeing as we're going to 4v4.

k thanks. bye
OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly#N19 Tue 15 May 2012, 18:41

u lot are taking this serious like its real football
Deadly#N19
Deadly#N19
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by opc Tue 15 May 2012, 18:42

jonnyynnoj wrote:What absolute nonsense those examples are, especially rising and goku. They link up so well Deja were 5th top scorers and they've been relegated.

As for not knowing about the team until a few weeks ago, hardly anyone did. It's only been the past couple of weeks when Rach has been in charge that we've got organised.
I don't think it's nonsense at all. Rising and GOKU work very well attacking. Yes, they lack finishing, but they do pass it around incredibly well, which is the point I was making. Me and Cath can't be argued against, either.

Yes, I know only a select few knew about until a few weeks ago, that's the point I'm making...
opc
opc
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by CircleBoy Tue 15 May 2012, 18:48

Yes, I know only a select few knew about until a few weeks ago, that's the point I'm making...

errrrr no

NOBODY knew about it untill a few weeks ago

Also while we're at it, yes you and cath are a good partnership...but he's irish and went out of his way to say ages ago when the team was set up but literaly nothing was done with it that he didn't want to play for it.

Last edited by CircleBoy on Tue 15 May 2012, 18:50; edited 1 time in total
CircleBoy
CircleBoy
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by rolex Tue 15 May 2012, 18:49

#Griff4UKMANAGER
rolex
rolex
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Swift Tue 15 May 2012, 19:03

Cam_Sampbell wrote:I think there should have been more involvement with the league when choosing it imo

This is the aim of involving the community. How about rather than whining about how you didn't know about it, you accept that you now do know about it because someone's putting effort in to involve people?

On a side note, I've had an idea concerning setting up a 'B' team. Obviously this 'B' team wouldn't be involved in anything serious, it'd just be for the purpose of getting some more UK players involved and getting more practice together so that we are able to build up partnerships n ting. Thoughts?
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by opc Tue 15 May 2012, 19:04

CircleBoy wrote:Yes, I know only a select few knew about until a few weeks ago, that's the point I'm making...

errrrr no

NOBODY knew about it untill a few weeks ago

Also while we're at it, yes you and cath are a good partnership...but he's irish and went out of his way to say ages ago when the team was set up but literaly nothing was done with it that he didn't want to play for it.
Oh, well my bad then. The way Jonny phrased it was as though some people knew about it.

And I'm not suggesting me and Cath get picked. I've already said I'm not suggesting I get picked and as Cath's Irish I presumed that went without saying.
opc
opc
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantinople Tue 15 May 2012, 19:08

Rachel wrote:
Cam_Sampbell wrote:I think there should have been more involvement with the league when choosing it imo

This is the aim of involving the community. How about rather than whining about how you didn't know about it, you accept that you now do know about it because someone's putting effort in to involve people?

On a side note, I've had an idea concerning setting up a 'B' team. Obviously this 'B' team wouldn't be involved in anything serious, it'd just be for the purpose of getting some more UK players involved and getting more practice together so that we are able to build up partnerships n ting. Thoughts?

Any form of 4v4 practice is good imo.
Constantinople
Constantinople
Official Feed Me Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Tue 15 May 2012, 19:09

Rachel wrote:

Smashing idea. I wana play lots of national friendlies Very Happy
OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam_Sampbell Tue 15 May 2012, 19:14

Rachel wrote:

I don't want to get involved, but I see why some people aren't pleased with how it was organised. I wasn't whining btw, I was just saying Smile

I think a B team is a good idea though Smile
Cam_Sampbell
Cam_Sampbell
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Swift Tue 15 May 2012, 19:20

It wasn't organised at all really, as far as I know. Until now, anyway.
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by aeRo Tue 15 May 2012, 19:31

opc wrote:
jonnyynnoj wrote:What absolute nonsense those examples are, especially rising and goku. They link up so well Deja were 5th top scorers and they've been relegated.

I don't think it's nonsense at all. Rising and GOKU work very well attacking. Yes, they lack finishing, but they do pass it around incredibly well, which is the point I was making. Me and Cath can't be argued against, either.

If you want people to pass a ball about without scoring a goal, get Mad, Ttom and me on the case trololol :ASDF
aeRo
aeRo
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

https://feedmehaxball.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jonnyynnoj Tue 15 May 2012, 19:41

opc wrote:I don't think it's nonsense at all. Rising and GOKU work very well attacking. Yes, they lack finishing, but they do pass it around incredibly well, which is the point I was making. Me and Cath can't be argued against, either.

That's a 3v3 partnership which imo is completely different; plus it clearly lacks an end product. Of course you and cath can be argued against, its billed up to be this unstoppable defensive partnership but the stats don't lie that in 3 seasons you've not once finished with the least conceded.

So on the subject of partnerships, which ones do you think should be in the national team?
jonnyynnoj
jonnyynnoj
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddade Tue 15 May 2012, 19:43

I think ghost and our own goal should be in their
Muddade
Muddade
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Tue 15 May 2012, 19:56

lul UK team need Aidan in net tbh

Aidan
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Tue 15 May 2012, 20:07

Needs Ovo tbf
OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly#N19 Tue 15 May 2012, 20:10

uk needs QEZO
Deadly#N19
Deadly#N19
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by ace000 Tue 15 May 2012, 22:17

4v4 = one touch haxball. if you try hold on to the ball and get around people you will be closed down straight away losing the ball (this basically means don't try and duke) also when picking a pass don't just hit it anywhere near the player hit it to a position for that play to pass to another or back again. a final note of advice use ts (not just to say good goal or scream WHY!!!!!) but have the manager or captain telling the team what to do e.g rising corner, joe block cross, tt break, jonny to ttom, ech tac red, blue mark green (cba to think of more names) this will stop to players going to the same person. only problem is saying the stuff fast enough (back to my halo days we gave slag to words for example "pipes rock one" pipes = location rock= weapon rocket launcher one = one shot.) so haxball shout outs could be like joe tac fergy. joe = player tac= tackle (what you want them to do) fergy = other player (this could be there number on avatar or first letters on the name) also make sure everyone knows the codes for shout outs and what you are calling the other players. i know this may seem a bit extreme, but it like what people have been saying the players are good enough its the teamwork, and you guys are prob not as sad as me to watch professional gamer events xP but they all to shout outs and its crazy how well they work together. i think this will be a big help as the players will know what the other players are doing and where they are going, meaning they can get in position and not trying to guess what he will do. as the shout outer wont be player and will be observing they will focus on the whole pitch (where as the players in the game focus on themselves and the ball) and watch players telling them to get back if they are moving out of position.

hope you like that idea, if not i wasted like 10 mins of my life typing it^^

ace000
Did a wall bounce
Did a wall bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by -rising.star- Tue 15 May 2012, 22:25

Yesterday's game, for me, I found it very hard to pass, first of all, my frames were missing at some points, but no major lag :/

Secondly, their defence is very close together, theres no space to pass. So whenever I got it, I just took it to the corner, otherwise I normally look to pass back

But yes, I reckon we should play with people who we get along better with in games.

For example, TTom and Mad understands each other really well, Me and joe have been playing well together of late too.

Ul uk:)
-rising.star-
-rising.star-
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddade Tue 15 May 2012, 22:28

Their on S2 son.

Guardian <3
Muddade
Muddade
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookies Tue 15 May 2012, 23:56

ace000 wrote:4v4 = one touch haxball. if you try hold on to the ball and get around people you will be closed down straight away losing the ball (this basically means don't try and duke) also when picking a pass don't just hit it anywhere near the player hit it to a position for that play to pass to another or back again. a final note of advice use ts (not just to say good goal or scream WHY!!!!!) but have the manager or captain telling the team what to do e.g rising corner, joe block cross, tt break, jonny to ttom, ech tac red, blue mark green (cba to think of more names) this will stop to players going to the same person. only problem is saying the stuff fast enough (back to my halo days we gave slag to words for example "pipes rock one" pipes = location rock= weapon rocket launcher one = one shot.) so haxball shout outs could be like joe tac fergy. joe = player tac= tackle (what you want them to do) fergy = other player (this could be there number on avatar or first letters on the name) also make sure everyone knows the codes for shout outs and what you are calling the other players. i know this may seem a bit extreme, but it like what people have been saying the players are good enough its the teamwork, and you guys are prob not as sad as me to watch professional gamer events xP but they all to shout outs and its crazy how well they work together. i think this will be a big help as the players will know what the other players are doing and where they are going, meaning they can get in position and not trying to guess what he will do. as the shout outer wont be player and will be observing they will focus on the whole pitch (where as the players in the game focus on themselves and the ball) and watch players telling them to get back if they are moving out of position.

hope you like that idea, if not i wasted like 10 mins of my life typing it^^

didnt read lol
Cookies
Cookies
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd Banks Wed 16 May 2012, 00:18

UK National Team Berneydidnotread
Lloyd Banks
Lloyd Banks