FeedMe Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FM Achtung Tournament - Group Round #1

2 posters

Go down

FM Achtung Tournament - Group Round #1 Empty FM Achtung Tournament - Group Round #1

Post by DEVINURDOG Sun 24 Jun 2012, 05:30

After 4 days of intense games, we have a clear understanding of who is going through and who is going home and we'll discuss some of the key factors of this round. I'll be doing these updates until the end of the tournament, where a new one will emerge with even more character and organization!

So here are the people going through from each group!

GROUP A - Aidan and Gordon
GROUP B - Joehan and Camsampbell
GROUP C - Rachel and Deadly
GROUP D - Ovoxo and Socrates

From these stats, we can show you who will be playing who in the quarter finals, however these aren't the final results, anything can change:

Aidan vs Camsampbell
Gordon vs Joehan
Rachel vs Socrates
Ovoxo vs Deadly

These look to be some pretty exciting quarter final games, but the tides can turn as everyone has to play 2 more games within their groups, can the people currently going out get a comeback and qualify? We'll have to wait and see.

But now is the time for the news and updates, where potential issues are looked over.

Cancelling/Changing the tournament

Since there have been 3 games in which haven't been played and have had to been given a def win or both players losing, I'm considering changing some things to do with punishments if players don't turn up, maybe making them bother to show up. I don't expect some teams to not play their euro group games because they couldn't be arsed, so I expect people to play, I took my time to make this tournament, so it shouldn't be under-mined by no shows. Anyway, here will be some of the rules that may be implemented:

-If you miss two matches within your group, you're automatically disqualified.
-Unless you have a legitimate reason for not playing your group game, both players within the match lose their match by default. The same goes for default wins.
-If both players agree on it and ask me about it, they can play the next day, but their deadline to post results will be 3pm or else both lose their game.

If you have any concerns or tips for me, PM me so I can look them over.

Suggestions to make the knockout stages 'more interesting'

I've heard from many people playing the tournament that the format is "boring" and isn't "fun". Now the original process was to not include powerups in the group stages, but I changed it due to popular demand, yet I am still hearing these complaints. I'm open to suggestions from you guys, however there are SOME guidelines you have to take to heart if you're going to make a serious suggestion, so DON'T suggest:

-Changing the game format from 1v1 to something else
-Include more 'neutral' people
-Use premium power ups (these will be for the knockout stages)
-Anything stupid

If you CAN come up with something, great! If not, oh well.

I think that about does it for this end of the tournament, I'll see you guys in a few days when things may of changed. Bye for now!
DEVINURDOG
DEVINURDOG
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

FM Achtung Tournament - Group Round #1 Empty Re: FM Achtung Tournament - Group Round #1

Post by Joehan Sun 24 Jun 2012, 10:58

Make 2 quarter finals with 4 players in it, then the top two in these games go through
Same with semis, have one with 4 people and the top two play in a 1v1 final
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

FM Achtung Tournament - Group Round #1 Empty Re: FM Achtung Tournament - Group Round #1

Post by DEVINURDOG Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:24

Joehan wrote:Make 2 quarter finals with 4 players in it, then the top two in these games go through
Same with semis, have one with 4 people and the top two play in a 1v1 final

So have more groups? Repetitive, so no.
DEVINURDOG
DEVINURDOG
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Sun 24 Jun 2012, 13:09

Who mentioned groups?

Normal achtung game with 4 players, first to 40 or whatever it is, top two by the time somebody reaches it go through, like the relegation we do in pub games
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum