FeedMe Haxball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change to matchday/streaming - TRIAL

+9
Cam_Sampbell
Stevo
Ghost
currybum
-rising.star-
Taylor Swift
MoMo
mlfaijati
Joehan
13 posters

Go down

Change to matchday/streaming - TRIAL Empty Change to matchday/streaming - TRIAL

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 15:58

So after a poor couple of days to the season start, with the lack of decent streams available we will be trialling the Your e-sports system for match-days.

We will trial the system for 2 weeks - so 4 match-days - and then we will then either decide to revert back to the old system (used for the first 2 match-days) or continue with this system. We will keep the same schedule for games, with things such as the wildcard system still in place.

The match-day schedule will consist of this:

There will be two top-matches: a Division 2 top-match at 20:30 BST and a Division 1 top-match at 21:00 BST. These top-matches will be streamed. A high quality streamer with enthusiastic high quality commentators will be used to stream both the games.

The 4 other games (providing none are wild-carded) that take place on that match day will happen at 20:00 BST. They will not be streamed.

Captains will need to find their own hosts. A selection of match admins should be online so there should be no problems having neutral admins available, even if a few are playing games during that time. Captains should ask admins at the time of the game and we will provide an admin.

Please note: Times of the games can be changed without a wildcard, as long as the game day does not change. However, both captains must agree and must both contact admins. The re-arranged times cannot be at the same time as either of the top-matches.

If you have any questions, please post it here in this thread.

Last edited by Joehan on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:30; edited 1 time in total
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Change to matchday/streaming - TRIAL Empty Re: Change to matchday/streaming - TRIAL

Post by mlfaijati Fri 27 Jul 2012, 16:25

How will the Division 1 and 2 top matches be chosen?

Also imo, we should meet in the middle, streaming 2+ matches per division but not all of them.

mlfaijati
Double bounce!
Double bounce!

Back to top Go down

Change to matchday/streaming - TRIAL Empty Re: Change to matchday/streaming - TRIAL

Post by MoMo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 16:30

I can stream? I remember the quality of mine was good.

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 16:48

mlfaijati wrote:How will the Division 1 and 2 top matches be chosen?

Also imo, we should meet in the middle, streaming 2+ matches per division but not all of them.

Admins will decide the top-match. If we were to continue this on after the trial, every team will have been the top match fairly - no one team will be made the top matches every time for example. Only one per division will be streamed 1) to make it easier to organise and 2) to gain more interest in the streams.

MoMo wrote:I can stream? I remember the quality of mine was good.

We'll try out people to see who have the best stream
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Swift Fri 27 Jul 2012, 16:51

Can we have the replays all posted in a nice archived thread then please? I'll need to be able to access them easily.
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by -rising.star- Fri 27 Jul 2012, 16:58

guten tag.
-rising.star-
-rising.star-
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by currybum Fri 27 Jul 2012, 17:01

I think this will work out alot better and be alot easier.

I don't mind streaming when I'm not being used as host bitch. Just need to be talked through by someone
currybum
currybum
Juked. CYA FISH!
Juked. CYA FISH!

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 17:05

Rachel wrote:Can we have the replays all posted in a nice archived thread then please? I'll need to be able to access them easily.
+1

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri 27 Jul 2012, 17:12

MoMo wrote:
Rachel wrote:Can we have the replays all posted in a nice archived thread then please? I'll need to be able to access them easily.
+1

+2

Do it Joe, come on bro, about time you did some work mate.
Ghost
Ghost
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 17:41

So when our game is about to start, we need to just ask someone in chat foor a host ye?
Stevo
Stevo
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 17:46

Finding a host is up to you, and you need a neutral match admin that us admins agree on, so you must ask us for a match admin before the game. If you get somebody to admin without consulting us then the result may become void and you may be punished
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 17:54

ok, sounds like there could possibly be problems with that, any chance of possibly an admin stepping in if no-one has found a host

possibly.
Stevo
Stevo
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 18:04

It really isn't difficult to find a host, players on either team can also host if the opposition captain agrees.

Also: https://feedmehaxball.forumotion.co.uk/t2271-match-replay-archive#24498
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:02

Question regarding this, would you prefer regular games at 20:00 BST and top matches 20:30 and 21:00 respectively?

Some teams may want to prefer 30 mins before their games for example
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Swift Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:38

Joehan wrote:Question regarding this, would you prefer regular games at 20:00 BST and top matches 20:30 and 21:00 respectively?

I'd prefer that one.
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam_Sampbell Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:42

I don't see why we need to change it. I think the lack of streamers is because nobody has really been shown how to. I know the quality's not always amazing, but it's nice watching the games and chatting about it etc, and just watching one game per division wouldn't be as good.
Cam_Sampbell
Cam_Sampbell
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:44

Cam_Sampbell wrote:I don't see why we need to change it. I think the lack of streamers is because nobody has really been shown how to. I know the quality's not always amazing, but it's nice watching the games and chatting about it etc, and just watching one game per division wouldn't be as good.

We've taken that into account, but considering how it was difficult for us admins to sort out every game when there's complications and people bothering us with questions about streams and whatnot, it would be much easier to do it this way. Also it makes the top-match extra special as much more people will watch.
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Swift Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:48

Joehan wrote:
Cam_Sampbell wrote:I don't see why we need to change it. I think the lack of streamers is because nobody has really been shown how to. I know the quality's not always amazing, but it's nice watching the games and chatting about it etc, and just watching one game per division wouldn't be as good.

We've taken that into account, but considering how it was difficult for us admins to sort out every game when there's complications and people bothering us with questions about streams and whatnot, it would be much easier to do it this way. Also it makes the top-match extra special as much more people will watch.

This point has been raised countless times, if you feel there's not enough admins to cope with the workload: more admins.

There's plenty of trustworthy competent people who'd be willing to help.

You could even have it like a Pyramid scheme, have your current 5 "website" admins who deal with day-to-day business, and the overall running of the league, then have 4-5 "matchday admins" who deal with arranging games on matchdays and dealing with questions, making sure everything goes smoothly.
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam_Sampbell Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:50

I reckon that if a thread was made showing people how to do livestreams, you could get enough people to do each game easily, and it'd help integrate people into the community more etc. It's seemed fine in the past, and there are more people in the community who might be able to do it than last season...
Cam_Sampbell
Cam_Sampbell
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:53

We're trailing this method anyway, so the argument is void until 2 weeks from now.

However I want to know people's opinions on this:

Joehan wrote:Question regarding this, would you prefer regular games at 20:00 BST and top matches 20:30 and 21:00 respectively?

Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 19:59

#SayNO2YeS

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by socrates Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:09

I do like the fact that we try to stream as much as possible - in terms of streamers we only need a few really and I'm sure if we try we can easily get that. (I can try to post a thread instructing people how to stream so we can get more)

In terms of admins just let captains sort the games out themselves like YeS if you want - I think for the community the main thing people want is to be able watch the streams.
socrates
socrates
Official Birthday Fred Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:10

Well if we're going to trial this system, wouldn't it change our game times for the next 4 match days?
OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dooms Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:11

^^

socrates wrote:I do like the fact that we try to stream as much as possible - in terms of streamers we only need a few really and I'm sure if we try we can easily get that. (I can try to post a thread instructing people how to stream so we can get more)

In terms of admins just let captains sort the games out themselves like YeS if you want - I think for the community the main thing people want is to be able watch the streams.

^^

Dooms
Dooms
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:29

Yeah ovo
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:30

Slightly edited times
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:31

oke doke, well we're not playing any time soon anyway so just wondering xD

OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam_Sampbell Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:48

Should have a poll imo
Cam_Sampbell
Cam_Sampbell
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:06

I can host/stream in about 2/3 weeks

Mick
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:12

I can do that too soon ^^, just need to get my pay cheque in august then buy that shit xD
OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:14

It's a trial

Nobody ever said it was permanent.. seriously
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:15

I meant for perm streaming and hosting, mate seriously, drop the attitude, getting a bit too big for your own boots
OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cam_Sampbell Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:23

Why trial it if there's so much opposition already?
Cam_Sampbell
Cam_Sampbell
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:32

Joe's changed

Mick
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:34

OvoXo wrote:I meant for perm streaming and hosting, mate seriously, drop the attitude, getting a bit too big for your own boots
l0l

Theres no need for a trail imo, just an effort to actually try out streamers, get an organised system and hit the GO button. We got 500+ members who are willing to do whatever to contribute to this community in whatever way, we don't need to go to another organisation 2 ask for help.. but w/e u do is probs for the best so go ahead i guess

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:42

Ovo, talking about attitude? I wasn't even directing the comment at you.

I may have seemed like a bit of a twat in my previous post so I'll try to answer everyone properly here:

It's not just lack of streamers but it's also lack of people watching the streams. I don't think viewing figures have hit 10 for any single game for a long time now, discounting things like cup and play-off finals.

Rachel wrote:

This point has been raised countless times, if you feel there's not enough admins to cope with the workload: more admins.

There's plenty of trustworthy competent people who'd be willing to help.

I can only really think of one person who would be both trustworthy enough and competent enough to be a proper admin, but that's not really for me to decide seeing as I've only been an admin for a short amount of time.

Cam_Sampbell wrote:Why trial it if there's so much opposition already?

The only real opposition I've heard is from you, momo and soc, other people before in the thread have agreed to it and so have various admins in Granddad talk and the like. I think there should be a trial because we can judge it based on that - this is by no means permanent and if people and us admins don't like it we'll happily go back to the old method. I'm sorry if anybody opposes it but there's no real harm in trying it, is there?

Last edited by Joehan on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:51; edited 1 time in total
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:45

Joe spare me pls Sad
OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:51

Edited my post up two ^^
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:51

cba
OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joehan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:54

OvoXo wrote:I won't lie, but I don't watch every game that's being streamed and the ones I do want to watch well with this system there is a chance it won't get streamed.

Point is I'm not going to bother watching replays. That's just fucking long.

Well the top-matches will most likely be the ones that the community wants, it'll be decided on potential interest, potential excitement and various other factors, so there'll be a decent chance it'll be the game you do want to watch (a third of all games will be streamed remember)
Joehan
Joehan
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by OvoXo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:58

when did I write this?
OvoXo
OvoXo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri 27 Jul 2012, 22:16

The point of a trial is to see if it works. If it doesn't we switch back, if it works better than the existing format we keep it. I don't see what the point of even debating it is, we will get guaranteed results based on the trial and it can be discussed once the results are in. The existing system is clearly not working at the minute, we barely have stream viewers because those not involved in the games are either practising or discussing tactics, and the streams themselves are below par in regards to quality and content.

This way we can almost guarantee the highest quality streamer(if they aren't playing) and we can dedicate a proper commentary team to it. And like we say, if it doesn't work and there are more problems it doesn't continue.

End of.

On the side subject of admins. That's not a problem, we have our day-to-day guys and we have a list of capable people who can deal with match day stuff, they know who they are it's just delegating tasks that needs to be more efficient. Might set up a sub forum for the match day guys so it's easier for us to communicate and sort stuff out.
Ghost
Ghost
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 22:22

OvoXo wrote:I meant for perm streaming and hosting, mate seriously, drop the attitude, getting a bit too big for your own boots

At least he has boots Razz
Stevo
Stevo
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by socrates Fri 27 Jul 2012, 22:27

Ghost wrote:T The existing system is clearly not working at the minute, we barely have stream viewers because those not involved in the games are either practising or discussing tactics, and the streams themselves are below par in regards to quality and content.

My streams are fantastic I'll have you know and I get 100s of viewers Mad
socrates
socrates
Official Birthday Fred Maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost Fri 27 Jul 2012, 22:29

That's when you are doing your dirty dancing shows, yeah? I know I'm a paid subscriber.

On the serious for a sec, Soc you think you can do one of the stream guides please? Never touched twitch/streamer thing before myself so it might even be useful for me too. Mad
Ghost
Ghost
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Swift Sat 28 Jul 2012, 03:34

If you think you have enough admins and all are pulling their weight, then can we have less of the attitude from Joehan when he has to organise "everything"? It's hardly fair he's taking it out on people in match rooms.

Last edited by Rachel on Sat 28 Jul 2012, 11:17; edited 1 time in total
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMo Sat 28 Jul 2012, 03:50

shut up rachel Very Happy

MoMo
LASER!!!
LASER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevo Sat 28 Jul 2012, 10:17

+1 ^
Stevo
Stevo
Did a ping pong schush
Did a ping pong schush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down